Thursday, January 27, 2011

...Arian Calandra...

While I was digging around for new artists, I came across this track. Meet Arian Calandra. I couldn't find much info about him, but here is what I uncovered over at Waxidermy :

Charmingly disjointed Uni-Bomber looking dude who had me from the very first listen. Half the tracks have vocals and should appeal to anyone with a soft spot for oddball sincerity. There is an off-kilter feeling that, combined with his sunny themes, I just find super pleasant and refreshing. The rest is instrumental guitar improvisations which is nice as the mix of styles keeps either from getting too monotonous. I will refrain from over-hyping it as the OMG SAVE YOUR EUROS PRIVATE EARLY 80′s MONSTER OF THE WEEK, but I keep coming back to this one and have gotten positive reactions from the handful of people I've played it for.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. What a great song!!!!...even if his timing is a little bit off. The more I listen to it, the more I love it. Hopefully someone will re-issue this album. It would be a fun one to give a spin on the old turntable.

"Arian Calandra- Track 10"

No comments:

Post a Comment