Friday, January 14, 2011

...A Mix of BlackForrestry: SPIRIT...

It's been a while since I posted anything...I have been pretty busy lately. Amidst the holidays, purchasing and moving into a new house, working, and spending time with the family, I have not had an excess of time. Needless to say, I haven't had much time to do any projects. The most I have been able to do is draw in my sketchbook on my lunch breaks at work and when I have a few spare minutes while we're out running errands. So, even though they're not much, here are my glorified doodles. Along with them is a mix that I slapped together...not exactly what I had hoped for, but it will have to do. (Mediafire link after the images)






















A Mix of BlackForrestry

4 comments:

  1. Good stuff. Some of these seem darker for you. It's gotta feel good when you can just draw freely without the concentration and still have it turn out pretty good. The fourth piece down is really interesting, especially with the Spirit title of the collection. It makes me think of a David Lynch film or some psychological thriller. The last piece is great. Love the eyes. Keep it coming man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh,

    Thank you for sharing these images. You write them off as doodles but they are still great, even if you don't think so. The symbols and images are meaningful. The eyes really speak to me. They mean people to me, like short hand for all of us humans. :) We are a world of nations. We forget that we are all humans, we have so many classifications, titles, identities but really we are just a sea of humanity on this earth. We all have eyes, we all have ears and mouths.

    I know you guys have been busy but we should get together sometime. Are you busy next Saturday afternoon? If all are healthy maybe we will stop by the new place.
    ~L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice. Do you no longer list a link (mediafire, megaupload, etc.) where we can download the entire mix? Thanks for what you do here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lindsay...let's set something up. Thanks for the feedback, Max....I wasn't sure how many people enjoyed the mediafire links. I'll put one up...thanks for listening and viewing.

    ReplyDelete