Sunday, October 24, 2010

(Expect Delays)


Hey guys. I feel like a slacker, or something for not coming on here in a while. I've got a lot to share-- I'm not at home now, but when I am, I'll be sure to post up some of my work. Really like your shots, Doug. And the Stephen Crane poem a few posts down is inspiring. Made me think of "Into the Wild," which has also been a source of inspiration lately. Anyhow, I was along the highway with some friends of mine, and saw this sign through the treeline... had to snap a shot. I'll be back soon. I'll compensate for my long absense. Hopefully, you won't have to "expect delays" from me anymore.

4 comments:

  1. !!YES!!

    would be totally siked to have you back on any level. you're always welcome here bro. cool, creepy shot - very seasonally appropriate. looks like something out of a b-horror film. also glad to hear that you're still checkin' out the blog. there's lots of music to come, so be sure to hit up the player when you're on. plan to be at the starving artist this friday w/ a bunch of folks to see girl & piano. perhaps i'll see you there. if not, take care of yourself brochacho. doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really dig this photo. It is so clear and impressionable that I thought it was an album cover until I read what you had to say. It looks professionally put together. I agree with Doug about the b-horror film feel. I've been enjoying things like that lately. I watched "Dark Country" the other night and I really like what Thomas Jane did there; the kind of Twilight Zone/Outer Limits meets Lost Highway approach. Cool stuff. It would definitely be a great album cover. Johnny Bones and The Skeletal Express with their new album "Expect Delays".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Justin- I'm really diggin' your posts, man....This is an incredible picture. I love how the girl is camoflaged within the leaves. I definitely get the Lost Highway thing...David Lynch in general, I guess. Did you edit this, or is it natural lighting/color? Impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot, guys. It was an interesting shot for sure. The fact you think it'd make a good album cover is awesome; I've always wanted one of my photos to be part of an album some how. It's a goal of mine, for sure. And yeah, I made a few edits to the shot. Tweaked up the exposure and gave it a sepia tone. I liked the camouflage effect and the way the leaves and the sign and all can complement each other with similar tones.

    ReplyDelete