Monday, September 13, 2010

...Djohariah...



I've been loving all of the posts that everyone has been putting up. It's all excellent stuff. I am still trying to figure out this music thing, but it hasn't been the success that I had hoped it would be. Well, what can you do, right?
A couple of weeks ago I heard all this hype about Sufjan Stevens' new EP, All Delighted People, so I picked it up (it was only 5 bucks, so how could I go wrong?). Well, after a couple of listens, I definitely didn't feel super impressed. In fact, 2 of the songs on the EP are rather lengthy and after those couple of listens, I just skipped right over them. The songs that I initially enjoyed the most were the shorter, mellow-er, songs in the middle. So, it's pretty ironic that the song I'm posting today is one of those 2 long songs.
I have heard "Djohariah" multiple times this past week. It seems like every time I turn around, there it is again, wafting against my eardrums. Through these listens, I have grown to really enjoy the song. I especially appreciate the rough, fuzzy guitar solo that starts the song off. Go ahead, give it a listen. The track clocks in at a few seconds over seventeen minutes, so at the very least it will be some good background music to look at some of the amazing stuff that Doug and Drew have been putting up. And, who knows, maybe like me, you'll fall in love with the song and go pick up the entire EP for 5 bucks.

...Djohariah...

Sufjan Stevens- Djohariah

No comments:

Post a Comment